By Takahiro Shiota
Highly counseled, BMA clinical ebook Awards 2014
Since the booklet of the 1st variation of this quantity, 3D echocardiography has develop into a extra common device in diagnostic know-how and sufferer care, whereas know-how developments have drastically more desirable this robust imaging modality. Supplemented via videos and illustrated with top of the range colour photographs, 3D Echocardiography, moment Edition provides the paintings of specialists within the box who expose the most recent findings and display the scientific worth and benefits of contemporary 3D echocardiography over the normal second imaging.
The publication starts off via describing the foundations of 3D echocardiography after which proceeds to debate its software to the imaging of:
- The left and correct ventricle
- The left atrium
- Mitral stenosis and percutaneous mitral valvuloplasty
- Mitral regurgitation
- Aortic stenosis and regurgitation
- Tricuspid valve morphology
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy
- Congenital center disease
The booklet additionally examines tension echocardiography and using 3D echocardiography in percutaneous valve techniques, cardiac resynchronization treatment, cardiac movement and deformation, and tissue tracking.
Read or Download 3D Echocardiography, Second Edition PDF
Similar cardiovascular books
This instruction manual is a guide meant for citizens at any level in their adventure, together with cardiothoracic fellowship. it's intended as a tenet to appreciate the pathophysiologic reason of motion within the working room and extensive care unit. Emphasis is put on body structure, anatomy, pathology, scientific administration, and surgical process.
The Fourteenth Washington foreign Spring Symposium, held in Washington, D. C. , in June 1994, introduced jointly over four hundred top scientists from 21 international locations to study and replace learn on heart problems. This staff happy the symposium objectives of formulating a extra finished and built-in photograph of the occasions contributing to atherosclerosis and of exploring converted gene expression as an to realizing the explanations of atherosclerosis and offering clues to the technique prevention and remedy.
Mitral regurgitation (MR) impacts thousands of sufferers around the world. it's a progressive condition that can irritate whilst left untreated, potentially prime to compensatory home improvement of the left ventricle. This can lead to diminished practical means, negative caliber of existence, repeat hospitalizations, or even loss of life from middle failure.
Échocardiographie pédiatrique et fœtale enseigne au praticien les connaissances spécifiques et indispensables à l. a. mise en pratique de cet examen. los angeles qualité de l'iconographie, avec l'imagerie Doppler couleur, permet d'aider à l'interprétation des clichés échocardiographiques afin d'orienter le médecin dans sa démarche diagnostique.
- ESC Textbook of Vascular Biology (The European Society of Cardiology)
- Molecular Biology of Valvular Heart Disease
- Cardiovascular Hemodynamics: An Introductory Guide
- Transplant-Associated Coronary Artery Vasculopathy
- Hypertension (Oxford Cardiology Library)
- Atlas of Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Imaging: Expert Consult - Online and Print: Imaging Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 1e (Imaging Techniques to Braunwald's Heart Disease)
Extra info for 3D Echocardiography, Second Edition
49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. ventricular volumes in the presence of a left ventricular aneurysm: In vitro and in vivo studies. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2000; 36: 900–7. Takuma S, Ota T, Muro T, et al. Assessment of left ventricular function by real-time 3-dimensional echocardiography compared with conventional noninvasive methods. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2001; 14: 275–84. Arai K, Hozumi T, Matsumura Y, et al. Accuracy of measurement of left ventricular volume and ejection fraction by new real-time three-dimensional echocardiography in patients with wall motion abnormalities secondary to myocardial infarction.
Measurement of left ventricular mass by real-time three-dimensional echocardiography: Validation against magnetic resonance and comparison with two-dimensional and M-mode measurements. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2008; 21: 1001–05. Collins M, Hsieh A, Ohazama CJ, et al. Assessment of regional wall motion abnormalities with real-time 3-D echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 1999; 12: 7–14. Ahmad M, Xiw T, McCulloch M, et al. Real-time threedimensional dobutamine stress echocardiography in assessment of ischemia: Comparison with two-dimensional dobutamine stress echocardiography.
Am J Cardiol. 2011; 107: 126. Dorosz JL, Lezotte DC, Weitzenkamp DA, et al. Performance of 3-dimensional echocardiography in measuring left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction: A systematic review and meta-analysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 59: 1799–808. Gopal AS, Keller AM, Shen Z, et al. Three-dimensional echocardiography: In vitro and in vivo validation of left ventricular mass and comparison with conventional echocardiographic methods. J Am Coll Cardiol. 1994; 24: 504–13. Gopal AS, Schnellbaecher MJ, Shen Z, et al.