By Ted Feldman, Frederick St Goar
Mitral regurgitation (MR) impacts thousands of sufferers all over the world. it's a progressive condition that can aggravate while left untreated, most likely top to compensatory home improvement of the left ventricle. This can lead to diminished useful potential, bad caliber of lifestyles, repeat hospitalizations, or even demise from center failure. Open, arrested middle surgical procedure has formerly been the healing therapy of selection. even though, many high-risk sufferers can't tolerate conventional middle surgical procedure and proceed to be afflicted by critical MR.
In Percutaneous Mitral Leaflet fix: MitraClip treatment for Mitral Regurgitation, international experts speak about the scientific program of percutaneous mitral valve cures for this subsect of sufferers, targeting the MitraClip device. These new healing advancements will shape an integral part of the interventional cardiologists’ armamentarium in treating MR sufferers and should be of curiosity to each practising heart specialist.
Key themes include:
- An evaluate of the anatomy and pathophysiology of the mitral valvular advanced and MR
- EVEREST trial results, and the improvement of percutaneous edge-to-edge repair
- Updates at the worldwide event with this new therapy
- Patient choice and the function of percutaneous cures for high-risk patients
- Echocardiographic suggestions, together with useful suggestions for using transesophageal echocardiography in the course of a procedure
- Step-by-step strategies, plus assistance and methods for buying the simplest effects to your patients
- Special concerns for treating the returning MR fix sufferer
- Discussion of the eu event due to the fact CE approval
- Future instructions in percutaneous mitral valve therapies
Read or Download Percutaneous Mitral Leaflet Repair: MitraClip Therapy for Mitral Regurgitation PDF
Best cardiovascular books
This instruction manual is a handbook meant for citizens at any level in their event, together with cardiothoracic fellowship. it truly is intended as a tenet to appreciate the pathophysiologic cause of motion within the working room and extensive care unit. Emphasis is put on body structure, anatomy, pathology, clinical administration, and surgical strategy.
The Fourteenth Washington foreign Spring Symposium, held in Washington, D. C. , in June 1994, introduced jointly over four hundred prime scientists from 21 international locations to check and replace study on heart problems. This team chuffed the symposium objectives of formulating a extra complete and built-in photograph of the occasions contributing to atherosclerosis and of exploring transformed gene expression as an to realizing the motives of atherosclerosis and offering clues to the technique prevention and remedy.
Mitral regurgitation (MR) impacts hundreds of thousands of sufferers around the world. it's a progressive condition that can irritate while left untreated, very likely major to compensatory home improvement of the left ventricle. This may end up in decreased useful potential, negative caliber of existence, repeat hospitalizations, or even demise from middle failure.
Échocardiographie pédiatrique et fœtale enseigne au praticien les connaissances spécifiques et indispensables à l. a. mise en pratique de cet examen. l. a. qualité de l'iconographie, avec l'imagerie Doppler couleur, permet d'aider à l'interprétation des clichés échocardiographiques afin d'orienter le médecin dans sa démarche diagnostique.
- Bifurcation Stenting
- Cardiology and Cardiac Catheterisation: The Essential Guide
- Cardiovascular Development and Congenital Malformations: Molecular & Genetic Mechanisms
- Cardiology Intensive Board Review
- Practical Handbook of Advanced Interventional Cardiology: Tips and Tricks
Extra info for Percutaneous Mitral Leaflet Repair: MitraClip Therapy for Mitral Regurgitation
This can be seen in end-stage Barlow’s disease, severe and progressive rheumatic disease, or in the case of extensive and surgically limiting valvular calcifications. Although, as noted above, surgical experience as well as institutional factors lead to wide variations, it is the extent of pathology that is deemed repairable (25). Overall, surgical techniques focus on retaining as much of the apparatus as possible, while correcting malcoaptation and restoring the annulus. Techniques for Mitral Valve Repair Patients with more complex pathologies may require different approaches.
6. Flameng W, Herijjers P, Bogaerts K, et al. Recurrence of mitral valve regurgitation after mitral valve repair in degenerative valve disease. Circulation 2003; 107: 1609–13. 7. Kuduvalli M, Ghotkar SV, Grayson AD, et al. Edge-to-edge technique for mitral valve repair: medium-term results with echocardiographic follow-up. Ann Thorac Surg 2006; 82: 1356–61. 8. Brinster DR, Unic D, D’Ambra MN, et al. Midterm results of the edge-to-edge technique for complex mitral valve repair. Ann Thorac Surg 2006; 81: 1612–17.
Edge-to-edge (Alfieri) mitral repair: results in diverse clinical settings. Ann Thorac Surg 2004; 77: 1598–606. 17. Raman J, Shah P, Seevanayagam S, Cheung J, Buxton B. Mitral regurgitation: comparison between edge-to-edge repair and valve replacement. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2003; 11: 131–4. 18. Kuduvalli M, Ghotkar SV, Grayson AD, Fabri BM. Edge-to-edge technique for mitral valve repair: medium-term results with echocardiographic follow-up. Ann Thorac Surg 2006; 82: 1356–61. 19. Oc M, Doukas G, Alexiou C, et al.